We are closing Monday, October 9,2023 for the season. We will reopen for Thanksgiving Weekend and Christmas in the Village.
Center Sandwich Fine Craft Gallery
The Sandwich Home Industries
Gallery Associate Position
The Sandwich Fine Craft Gallery is seeking a highly qualified, motivated individual to join the gallery staff to work with the gallery manager in the running and promotion of all aspects of the gallery and related educational programs.
The Sandwich Fine Craft Gallery is the combination of the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen and the Sandwich Home Industries. The League of New Hampshire Craftsman is a fine craft association that juries all of its members to ensure that it presents the highest quality of craftsmanship. The Sandwich Home Industries, birthplace of the League, has a mission to support local artists and to offer outstanding classes and other programs concerning arts and crafts of all kinds.
This position begins in January 2024, with varied hours depending on the needs and the programs of the gallery. The winter work session includes support of the Sandwich Home Industries Lecture Series. Spring tasks involve re-opening and setting up the gallery, inventorying work, and setting up displays to prepare for the summer retail season. An additional focus is our education program, which runs from May until October. Throughout the year there are promotional efforts through social media outlets and our on-line store.
Prior knowledge of or the willingness to learn about retail sales, arts and crafts, social media, and on-line sales are qualities we seek in a candidate.
For more information and a detailed job description see below. To be considered for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and two references to Ralph Watson, Gallery Manager, at: GalleryAssoc2024@gmail.com. Interviewing for this position will take place during the first week of December 2023
Job Title: Gallery Associate, Sandwich Home Industries
Reports to: The Gallery Manager Job Class: Hourly
The Gallery Associate will work with the Gallery Manager in different aspects of the Center Sandwich Fie Craft Gallery including but not limited to the opening and closing of the Gallery Shop, data entry, tag and display inventory, assist with class set up and registration as needed and assist with the Winter Lecture Series as needed. Work with the Gallery Manager in such areas social media, advertisement and promotions of gallery programs and activities. Work with the Gallery Manager to set up and oversee the on-line gallery shop. The Gallery Associate reports directly to the Gallery Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Retail Sales using our computerized Point of Sales System
- Daily opening, operating and closing procedures
- Understand special orders and process shipping request
- Understand the system to enter inventory, new vendors and other tasks associated the system.
- Assume management duties when the Gallery Manager is not present.
- With the Gallery Manager actively publish postings on Facebook, Instagram, Newspaper write-ups, Community Boards of Gallery events, classes and programs.
- With the Gallery Manager, set up and keep current products on the Gallery on-line store.
- With the Manager, support the education program through classroom set-up, teacher/instructor support, participate and support the Winter Lecture Series.
This is a new position for the Gallery and additional responsibilities may be added within reason, as the position develops.
Requirements and Skills
- Computer Skills
- Attention to detail and accurate use of our different programs: Counter Point, Quick Books, Consent Connect
- Email, word processing, and keyboard skills for data entry are essential
- Basic understand and willing to learn more about marketing on social media platforms
- Willingness to learn the process for running an on-line gallery
- Customer Service and Leadership Skills
- Dependability and self-motivated
- Ability to work with and at time lead co-workers with respect
- Ability to lift- example boxes with inventory
- Basic Understanding, Experience and Appreciation for fine crafts and other forms of art.
- Ability to communicate and work with artist both in the League and the community
- Willingness to travel to League Headquarters to pick up inventory or to artist studios
- Retail, customer service and sales skills
- Knowledge of arts and crafts
- Knowledge of and skills in Social Media sites
- Experience in on-line sales and store set up
This position beings in 2024 with a rate of pay of $21.00 an hour for approximately 600 hours.
32 Main Street (On the Green)
PO Box 164
Center Sandwich, NH 03227
JOIN THE LEAGUE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS
OUR MISSION: The mission of the League of NH Craftsmen is to encourage, nurture and promote the creation, use, and preservation of fine contemporary and traditional craft through the inspiration and education of artists and the broader community.
© League of NH Craftsmen. Website Design by Sullivan Creative.